The Isle of the Arts Festival is coming up in early April! We’re excited to announce that for the third year, GAC will host a Blossom-themed Night Market at the Surf Lodge. This will happen the evening of April 2nd 2016, from 7pm to 10pm.
There will be food, lovely people, decorations, tarot readings, a cash bar, and atmospheric music! Now we need you—Gabriola’s artists and artisans—to transform the venue into a true night market. The night market is promoted in our newsletter, on our website, on social media and in our highly-distributed Isle of the Arts Festival brochure. Last year was a packed utter success. Lets do it again!
We have 20 spots available for vendors at $30 each. These will be allotted on a first-come, first-served basis. Only members in good standing of the Gabriola Arts Council may participate.
To confirm your spot, you must fully complete the registration process by filling out the form below and submitting a payment. You can pay by credit card on the form (you do not need to have a paypal account – just fill out the info under ‘Don’t have a paypal account’ section), or by cheque deposited in the Arts Centre mail slot (476 South Road). Please note that if you pay by cheque, your registration will only be finalized once your cheque has been dropped off and collected.
Rules and Regulations:
- Each vendor will have a standard market table-sized section (up to 6 feet, although the smaller the better).
- There will be at least 2 hours for set-up during the day (Saturday, April 2). Once the list of vendors is confirmed, we’ll provide more specific details closer to the date with a broken down schedule to avoid traffic jams.
- To repeat, your setup must not exceed 6ft. We were lenient last year when people went bigger, but there is less room this year, so please remember this, as it will be awkward to tell you to make it smaller.
- Unfortunately, the only food that can be sold must come from the Surf’s kitchen, so there cannot be any food vendors.
- We will not be providing any tables and we highly recommend bringing lights/lamps and extension cords. Please bring everything you need! And since not all the plugs work, more (labelled) extension cords is always better.
- Oh, and you must be a Gabriolan. Or Mudgekin.
If you do not get a spot, we will keep a waiting list in case a spot becomes available or we manage to find more room. AKA the deck, if it is nice out!
If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
After last year’s great success, Gabriolans asked for the return of the Night Market. We’re looking forward to another great night out and hope you are too!