Thank you for your interest in booking the Gabriola Arts & Heritage Centre.
Interested in borrowing the Gabriola Arts Council’s audio equipment? You can download the GAC Audio Equipment Agreement and Loan Form. Contact Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-247-7409 for more information.
Arts & Heritage Centre Booking Calendar
The calendar will show you which dates are available and what has already been booked. If there is an opening when you want it, please fill out the Bookings Request form below. Please note that bookings are on a first-come, first-served basis, and it’s possible that someone else has submitted a request that hasn’t yet been added to the calendar. The calendar is only updated weekly.
The Arts Centre’s capacity is 50 people—fire and safety regulations prohibit any more than 50 people in the building. Please respect these restrictions.
The booking must include time required for set-up and clean-up. You are encouraged to pay with this booking request via Paypal or a credit card (you are not required to register with PayPal when you pay with a credit card). Otherwise, payment is by cash or cheque prior to your event. If special arrangements have been made in advance, we can invoice you after your event.
The Gabriola Arts & Heritage Centre has recently undergone a major renovation project. The new 2018 rental rates reflect the enhanced space. These fees will be applied to ongoing maintenance and administrative costs. For detailed rate information, see the GAHC Rate Sheet – 2018.
Minimum Booking Time
Bookings must be for a minimum of 2 hours. Please remember to add extra time for set-up or clean-up as required.
Someone will get back to you to confirm your booking within three days of receiving your request. If you need an answer in a hurry, please email to let us know and we will try to accommodate you. However, please be aware that the Arts Centre Manager does not work every day. Your booking is not guaranteed until you receive the confirmation email.
Contact information for Arts Centre Manager: GACHall@artsgabriola.ca
We have a 48 hour cancellation policy. For details please read the terms and conditions below. This applies to amending your booking for a shorter period of time.
Paying by cheque
We encourage you to pay online but acknowledge that some groups need to pay by cheque. If so, please make cheques payable to the Gabriola Arts Council.
Payment can be dropped in the locked mailbox on the front porch at 476 South Road. Here is the address should you choose to mail in your payment:
Arts Centre Bookings
Gabriola Arts Council
Gabriola Island, BC V0R 1X0
Bookings Request Terms and Conditions:
Please read the following Terms and Conditions before submitting your request.
Booking the Arts Centre:
- Prior to my event, I will make the appropriate payment at a rate of $10 per hour, based on the time I have requested. Or, if billing is handled by a financial services agent, by special arrangement with the Arts Centre Manager for invoicing. All hours that the Arts Centre is in use are subject to rental fees including your set-up, tear-down or clean-up time.
- I understand that rental fees are due and payable to GAC before the date and time of the event. Once payment is received, the reservation agent shall release a key or door code to me.
- I understand and agree that I will not make the door code known to anyone not associated with the organization of my event.
- I understand and agree to a 48-hour cancellation policy and that I will not be reimbursed if I do not use the Arts Centre for the complete time I booked and paid for it. Should I wish to amend the date and time, I will give the Arts Centre Manager 48 hours notice and understand that changes will be subject to availability.
Arts Centre Grounds and Premises
- I agree to be responsible for keeping the Arts Centre in the same condition as I found it. This includes use of dishes and/or any of the kitchen equipment or facilities, and all floors will be swept and wet mopped if muddy. In the event this is not done I will pay a cleaning fee.
- I understand food is permitted on the premises, and I agree not to leave any food on the counters, in the cupboards, in the fridge or otherwise on the premises of the Arts Centre unless I have made previous arrangements, and only if I store my food items in appropriate, marked and sealed containers. I understand that anything left behind without notice will be disposed of.
- I agree that garbage disposal is my responsibility, that no refuse of any kind will be left in the Arts Centre or the premises and that failure to comply will result in additional fees for removal.
- I accept full responsibility for any loss or damage to the Arts Centre, and I will pay for the repair or replacement of the equipment if such is deemed necessary by the Gabriola Arts Council. I will inform the Arts Centre Manager immediately if any damage occurs.
- I agree that I will promptly report any problems with the Arts Centre to the Gabriola Arts Council.
- I understand that the consumption of alcoholic beverages within the Arts Centre or the premises is prohibited, unless required liquor permits are authorized, purchased and displayed during the contracted rental hours. Storage of alcohol on the premises is prohibited.
- I agree to ensuring the Arts Centre’s no smoking policy is strictly adhered to. If participants in my event smoke outside the Arts Centre, I will be responsible for ensuring that no mess is left and that there is no danger of fire.
- I understand that the use of illegal drugs on the premises and property is strictly prohibited.
- I understand that I am responsible for ensuring that the kettle and indoor lights are off, toilets are flushed, and the Arts Centre windows and doors are locked prior to vacating the Arts Centre at the conclusion of an event.
- In the event of a power outage, I will take extra care with any temporary lighting and make sure the light switches are in the off position when I leave.
- I agree that no table, chair or other GAC property shall be removed from the Arts Centre.
- I will arrive ten minutes before my booking begins to read the safety plan regulations for the Arts Centre so that I can fully understand my responsibilities in the event of an of emergency, such as fire or earthquake. I will make these responsibilities known to all people in the Arts Centre at the start of my meeting/event. In the event that I make multiple bookings, I will ensure everyone knows about the safety plan regulations at the beginning of every booking.
- I accept the condition of the Arts Centre as is and indemnify and hold harmless the Gabriola Arts Council and any its officers, employees, volunteers, agents and contractors from any and all loss, liability, claims or expenses arising out of the use of and/or occupation of the Arts Centre. I understand and agree that by renting the Arts Centre, I am waiving any right to claim against the Gabriola Arts Council concerning the condition, quality, durability, suitability, fitness or operation of the Arts Centre and its contents.
You can download a copy of the Terms and Conditions here and submit your booking form in hard copy directly at the Gabriola Arts Centre. You can also pick up a copy of the form at the Arts Centre.