We are looking for three strong, enthusiastic, and hard-working construction and building renovation workers who are keen to learn new skills. Under the supervision of GAC’s Renovation Manager, the construction and building renovation workers will undertake a range of repairs, upgrades, and renovation projects on the GAC property.
Tasks will include working with a variety of skilled builders and contractors, including in areas of carpentry and construction; plumbing and water systems; painting and drywall; electrical; landscaping; project management; and more.
- interest in the building and construction trades.
- able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- able to prioritize, to manage multiple tasks and schedules, to work to deadlines, and to stay focused under pressure.
- as the job requires a significant amount of lifting, carrying, and managing heavy materials, the ideal candidate must be physically strong.
- able to follow instructions and safety rules.
- able to read instructions and blueprints.
- excellent balance and eye-hand coordination.
- experience in building, construction, and/or renovation work an asset.
- experience operating large and small power tools and equipment an asset.
This is a full-time, 45-week position starting on October 3, 2016.
You must be on EI or EI-eligible to apply.
Application deadline: Thursday, September 15
Submit your resumé via email to firstname.lastname@example.org