Join GAC and Support the Arts!
[Scroll down for the Membership and/or Directory Registration Form]
The Gabriola Arts Council has almost 700 members—that’s close to 20% of the Island’s population! Join your friends and neighbours who support the creative work of the arts council, offering popular, community-driven events like the Isle of the Arts Festival, Gabriola Theatre Festival, and Thanksgiving Studio Tour. We also offer an annual Youth Engagement Project, and the life-changing Healing Power of Art Program.
In 2017, the Gabriola Arts Council is celebrating 20 years of organizing arts and culture events on Gabriola Island. Watch for exciting 20th anniversary programming and events throughout the year, along with special gifts to local artists and the community at large.
Our anniversary goal? We’d like to have 20% of the population signed up as members for our 20th year. That means we need at least another 100 members!
Sign up today. It’s the most creative investment you can make. Don’t miss out!
Art by Tammy Hudgeon & Ode Howard
Bring a Friend!
We’re going to need a little help from our friends to reach our goal of 20% in 20 years. Are all of the adults in your family a member? How about your friends and neighbours? Please help us to spread the word, and encourage everyone you know to sign up today. You can buy gift memberships too! Perfect for birthdays, thank-you presents, or even welcome-to-the-neighbourhood gifts.
Why become a member of the Gabriola Arts Council?
- You will receive our regular e-newsletter packed full of arts and community events and news. Don’t miss out on up-to-date event and exhibit information, and a whole lot more. It will appear in your in-box every second Wednesday.
- You will be able to promote your arts, culture, or community event in our newsletter. It’s a great way to reach interested community members.
- You will have a vote at our AGM. Add your voice to the development of arts and culture programming and events on Gabriola.
- Your membership fees support the great programs and events offered by the Arts Council.
- We rely on a variety of public and private grants to run our events and programs. Granting agencies like to know that an organization has active community support. The more members the Arts Council has, the more money we can potentially bring to the island—and most of this money goes directly into Gabriola’s economy. Please help us bring the money to Gabriola!
- You get that great feeling of being part of something active and exciting in your community.
Are you an artist, artisan, writer, musician, performer or other art and/or culture producer? For an extra $25/year you can add a page to our Artist’s Directory.
If you are registering for a Membership AND Directory listing, you can provide text and images with the form below, or you can simply register now and update your images later with the Directory Update Form.
* indicates required field. Note: if you are registering for a Directory, please indicate which contact information you would like to have appear on your Directory page.