Gabriola Arts Council ARTY Award
The Gabriola Arts Council’s ARTY Award is given to a Gabriola resident, group or organization that has made an outstanding contribution to arts and culture on Gabriola Island in the previous year.
WHO is eligible:
– any full-time resident of Gabriola Island, or a Gabriola-based group, organization or business;
– full- or part-time employees of the Gabriola Arts Council are not eligible, nor are current directors. Contractors and freelance workers are eligible. Past-serving directors are eligible;
WHY does this award exist:
– to honour the contribution, commitment, hard work and engagement of artists, artisans, art lovers, and arts supporters on Gabriola Island;
– to bring attention in the community to the all of the above.
HOW the ARTY Award recipient is determined:
– GAC members and other Gabriola residents can make nominations when the call is made (usually late March/early April);
– the GAC Board of Directors reviews all nominations and makes a decision based on the information provided in the nomination form and their knowledge of the nominees and their contributions.
WHEN is the ARTY Award presented:
– at the ARTY PARTY, which is a key element of the Isle of the Arts Festival.
CONDITIONS of winning:
– the winner of the ARTY Award has the honour of being able to display the coveted ARTY trophy in their home, studio or place of work for one year;
– the winner must return the ARTY trophy to the Gabriola Arts Council at the end of the year in a creatively altered form.
2023 ARTY Award Nomination FormNominate a person, collective, or group that has made an outstanding contribution to the arts on Gabriola Island in 2022.
Nominations are open until March 29th. The winner will be announced at the Arty Party on April 8th. You can get tickets at artsgabriola.ca