GAC and the Gabriola Bus Committee want you to decorate the yellow bus!
The Gabriola Arts Council is partnering with the Gabriola Bus Committee to sponsor a decorate-the-bus competition.
The reward? $250 in cash from GAC, a $250 Artworks Gift Card, and a One-Year Bus Pass (value = $480)!
Here’s how it works:
– You come up with a winning design for a decal that can be applied to the yellow school bus. These can be as elaborate and exciting as your imagination will allow, and we especially encourage island, environmental and sustainability themes. Want some inspiration? Check out the snake bus.
– A committee will review all submissions and provide a shortlist to the Bus Committee, who will make the final decision.
– Your design will be turned into a “bus-wrap” and become part of the GERTIE bus system.
– See the “Bus Dimensions” document and “Bus” photograph to guide your design process. If your design is accepted, you may be required to fine-tune it to meet the exact measurements and requirements of the wrap company.
Here are a few guidelines to make the process easier and help the Bus Committee save some money (which will be part of their consideration for the final design decision):
– think about using the background yellow as part of your design — the less decal space the better in terms of cost;
– consider creating a design or artwork for the lower part of the bus only — the areas underneath the windows;
– keep in mind that the decal can be created in pieces — in fact, that’s preferable;
– don’t feel that you have to submit a final, detailed design. They want a clear and creative concept with imaginative and appropriate artwork. The details and final measurements can come later.
Deadline: Wednesday 17 July. Submit your design in PDF form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate side and front views, and as many images as necessary. Use “GERTIE design” as your subject line.