Advance bids are now closed!
Any remaining event tickets will be available at the door.
Doors open at 6:30 pm. The show starts at 7 pm.
See you tonight!
We’re all getting excited about THE CHAIR AFFAIR!
Have you seen the artist-enhanced chairs in the windows of the empty stores in Folklife Village?
Is there a chair that you can’t live without? Do you want to have one of those fabulous chairs in your home, but you’re unable to make it to The Chair Affair event on January 31?
We are making it possible for art lovers and Arts Council supporters to place advance bids.
Here’s what you do:
1. Look at the chairs online and/or in the store windows in the Village. Decide which chairs you absolutely have to have.
2. Send an email to email@example.com with CHAIR BID in the subject line. In the email, include:
– the name of the artist or a description of the chair.
– your name and phone number.
– the amount of your bid.
Here’s how it works:
– Advance bids must be for a minimum of $100.
– The highest advance bid on any chair will be the minimum or starting bid on the night of the event. If no-one bids higher, the advance bid takes the chair. If someone bids higher than the advance bid, that bid will take the chair.
– As we receive advance bids on any chair, we will include that information on the website and on the actual chair in the windows at Artworks.
– We will contact you within 24 hours to confirm that we have received your bid.
– We will stop taking advance bids at noon on January 31.
– If you placed a winning advance bid, you will have to make your payment and pick up your chair within one week of the event, so by Friday, February 7.
– Some chairs will be sold through a live auction, others will be sold through the silent auction. All chairs will be sold at the event on January 31.
THANK YOU for supporting THE CHAIR AFFAIR.