WEBSITE CONTENT & eCOMMERCE PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR (WCEPA)
PART-TIME – 10 HOURS PER WEEK $25/hr
The WCEPA will manage and maintain artist pages for the website theartsongabriola.ca. The position will take into account the functionality, appearance, content and performance of the site. The primary functions of the WCEPA are to:
- create new artist pages in collaboration with artists
- update existing pages and products
- remove pages for artists no longer going forward
- process sales
- ship products in an expeditious manner
- report the analytics of site traffic to the Executive Director
- assist artists in finding photographers to document their work
- back up all data on laptop regularly
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Create and Update Artist Pages/Collections
Work with artists of all genres to create their individual pages and product collections. This will require communicating with artists and providing them with information about how to successfully submit their data for upload. Communicate with artists on an ongoing basis to keep their pages up to date.
Coordinate photosphere shoots between artists and the photographer. Confirm delivery of photosphere files to webmaster for uploading. Coordinate with artists to capture audio clips and deliver files to webmaster for uploading.
Process and Manage E-Commerce
The WCEPA will process the sales, communicate with the artists to have products packaged for shipping, track sales and shipping, and physically take packages to be shipped via Canada Post. Communicate with Administrative Systems Manager for artist payments, keep accurate records of sales, and tracking numbers for shipping.
Track website traffic, demographics, locations, and other key indicators using Google Analytics. Provide monthly reports to the Executive Director. Participate in marketing meetings to provide insight as to where marketing should be focused based on traffic and sales.
- knowledge of HTML
- e-commerce CMS experience an asset
- basic knowledge of sizing photos in Photoshop
- understanding of CSV files
- understanding of file transfer
- knowledge of Google Analytics
- attention to detail is key
- understanding of artist sensibilities
- excellent communication skills
- friendly demeanour
Start date is immediate, but willing to coordinate around the existing schedule of the right person. Hours to be completed at the GAC office to begin with, but there are opportunities to work from home going forward. We have 42 weeks of funding for the position and will be actively applying for additional funding.
Send your resume, cover letter, and references to Carol Fergusson, Executive Director Gabriola Arts Council, email@example.com. SUBJECT LINE: WCEPA Job Application
Applications will be accepted until Friday, April 2, 2021.