We are looking for three strong, enthusiastic, hard-working construction and building workers who are keen to learn new skills. Under the supervision of GAC’s Building Supervisor, the construction and building workers will be involved with all tasks related to the installation and finishing of a log building on the GAC property.
Tasks will include working with a variety of skilled builders and contractors, including in areas of foundation construction; carpentry and construction; electrical; landscaping; project management; and more.
- interest in the building and construction trades.
- able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- able to prioritize, to manage multiple tasks and schedules, to work to deadlines.
- able to follow instructions and safety rules.
- as the job requires a significant amount of lifting, carrying, and managing heavy materials, the ideal candidate must be physically strong, with good balance and eye-hand coordination.
- experience in building or construction work an asset, including ability to read blueprints.
- experience operating large and small power tools and equipment an asset.
This is a Work Experience Program—training and orientation will be provided. Willingness and ability to learn, work hard, and be part of a team are key qualifications.
This is a full-time, 26-week position starting on June 11, 2018.
You must be unemployed, or on EI or EI-eligible to apply.
Application deadline: Friday, June 1
Planning to apply? DON’T WAIT FOR THE DEADLINE! If we receive eligible applicants before the deadline, we will conduct interviews and start the hiring process early.
Submit your resumé via email to email@example.com
Questions? Contact Michelle at 250-247-7409
This is a Job Creation Partnership Project funded by the Government of Canada and the Province of British Columbia.