Don’t want to renew online?
Download a Membership Form, print it out, and deliver it to GAC either in person or in the mail.
Support the Arts and our Community!
The Gabriola Arts Council has been organizing and providing arts and culture events on Gabriola Island for more than 20 years.
The Arts Council has more than 600 members—approximately 15% of the Island’s population!
Join your friends and neighbours who support the creative work of the arts council, offering popular, community-driven events like the Isle of the Arts Festival, Cultivate Festival, and Thanksgiving Studio Tour. We also offer the life-changing Healing Power of Art Program.
Why Join GAC?
As well as supporting the arts on Gabriola, your membership includes a regular newsletter of events and items of interest to the arts community on Gabriola Island—you’ll always know what’s going on! You’ll hear first about new events, ticket sales and art happenings on Gabriola.
As a member, you are able to vote at our Annual General Meeting and have a say in the activities and events organized by the Arts Council. We welcome and encourage the input and participation of all members in our decision-making process and in planning our annual calendar of events.
A GAC membership is the most creative investment you can make!
Bring a Friend!
Are all of the adults in your family a member? How about your friends and neighbours? Please help us to spread the word, and encourage everyone you know to sign up today.
You can buy gift memberships too! Perfect for birthdays, thank-you presents, or even welcome-to-the-neighbourhood gifts.
Why become a member of the Gabriola Arts Council?
There are many benefits to being a member of GAC:
- You will receive our regular e-newsletter packed full of arts and community events and news. Don’t miss out on up-to-date event and exhibit information, and a whole lot more. It will appear in your in-box every second Wednesday.
- You will be able to promote your arts, culture, or community event in our newsletter. It’s a great way to reach interested community members.
- You will have a vote at our AGM. Add your voice to the development of arts and culture programming and events on Gabriola.
- Your membership fees support the great programs and events offered by the Arts Council.
- We rely on a variety of public and private grants to run our events and programs. Granting agencies like to know that an organization has active community support. The more members the Arts Council has, the more money we can potentially bring to the island—and most of this money goes directly into Gabriola’s economy. Please help us bring the money to Gabriola!
- You have to be a member in order to teach a workshop at the Isle of the Arts Festival, exhibit at one of the GAC artist markets throughout the year, or participate in the Thanksgiving Studio Tour;
- Membership is required if you want to register a page in our new and up-coming website with e-commerce capabilities.
- You will receive a reduced rate at GAC-sponsored professional development workshops or programs;
- Members receive a reduced rate on rental of the Gabriola Arts & Heritage Centre.
- Members have access to low-cost and/or free rental of equipment including easels and sound equipment;
- Members can access group medical and dental insurance at group rates via GAC’s membership in ArtsBC;
- Members are invited to join Gabriola Arts Council committees;
- Members have the ability and opportunity to help shape and advocate for local arts and culture.
Members get that great feeling of being part of something active and exciting in your community.
Becoming a Member
There are three ways to sign up for your Gabriola Arts Council membership:
- Enter your information now using our online form
- Download a Membership Form and drop if off at
Gabriola Arts & Heritage Centre
476 South Rd
or mail it to
P.O. Box 387
Gabriola Island, BC
- Pick up a membership form at the GAC office at the Gabriola Arts & Heritage Centre at 476 South Rd.
If you would like to support the Gabriola Arts Council with a donation, please review your options on this page.